Attractions in Trento and surroundings
If you're planning a trip to Trento and its surroundings, prepare to discover a wide range of interests and attractions. From art to history, sports and outdoor activities, this captivating region has something to offer everyone. Here's a guide to the main attractions you shouldn't miss during your stay in Trento.
Art and culture:
- Tridentine Diocesan Museum: admire a collection of sacred artworks and liturgical objects tied to the history of the Church of Trento.
- Buonconsiglio Castle: visit this imposing castle, once the residence of the prince-bishops of Trento, and discover its frescoed rooms and temporary exhibitions.
- Trento Cathedral: explore the magnificent Cathedral of San Vigilio, a masterpiece of Gothic and Renaissance architecture.
- MUSE - Museum of Sciences: discover the world of science and nature through interactive exhibitions and educational workshops.
History and monuments:
- Duomo Square: stroll through the main square of Trento, surrounded by historic buildings and outdoor cafes.
- Civic Tower: climb the tower to enjoy a panoramic view of the city and the surrounding mountains.
- Church of Santa Maria Maggiore: visit the place where the sessions of the Council of Trent took place between 1545 and 1563.
- Pretorio Palace: admire the ancient residence of the podestà and the seat of the city's court.
Sports and outdoor activities:
- Hiking: explore the numerous trails that cross the mountains and forests of Trentino, suitable for all levels of experience.
- Cycling: ride the cycling routes of the region, ideal for both mountain biking enthusiasts and road cyclists.
- Skiing and snowboarding: during the winter, take advantage of nearby ski resorts like Monte Bondone and Paganella for snow sports.
- Climbing and via ferratas: test yourself with climbing and via ferratas in the Brenta Dolomites and the surrounding mountains.
Food and wine:
- Wine tasting: visit the local wineries and taste local wines, such as Teroldego, Nosiola, and Müller-Thurgau.
- Typical restaurants: savour the dishes of Trentino tradition, such as canederli, deer stew, and apple strudel.
- Markets and festivals: participate in local markets and food and wine festivals to discover the typical products of the area.
Trento and its surroundings offer a wide range of attractions and activities for all tastes. Between history, art, sports, and gastronomy, you'll never have a dull moment during your stay in the region. Plan your trip and get ready to immerse yourself in the culture, nature, and traditions of this captivating corner of Italy. Book a comfortable bedroom at our property now to fully experience all that this area has to offer. Safe travels!